I Need Your Feedback

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hi everyone!  I hope that everyone is happy with this project and that it has helped them, but I want to make it better or even make something new. So I am looking for some feedback. 

What would you like added? Is there any problems that you have noticed that need to be fixed?  What other workflow activities could your company use that aren't available out of the box? Or is there anything else that I might be able to create that would help you?

Thank you all for your support and I hope to hear from you,

Aozen

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Hello Aozen, Thank you for making your wizdom available to all.  I would like to try your solution but my company will not allow me to upload any .wsp files.  Can you share with me how to build the workflow myself?

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Hi TEHumphrey,

Your welcome. I have good news and bad news.  The good news is you can download the source code and take a look at it to see how it is made. The bad news is you really have to package this up as a .wsp to make it.  Also, it has to be deployed as a farm solution and not a sandboxed solution. 

I would recommend asking your administrator to come take a look at the project and to download the source code.  Maybe then they would allow it to be installed.  If you are using Office 365 for SharePoint, then that is just a limitation of what Microsoft allows and not much can be done about it.

However, there are several changes in 2013 that hopefully make administrators more comfortable adding third party solutions to their SharePoint environments. Although I am not sure if you guys are moving toward that.

Matt

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Matt,

Your "send email with attachment" custom action works like a true champ on 2010 and I am sure there are a lot of folks are awaiting 2013 version. It is done nice and clean and I am not sure what else you could add.

May I challenge you with this workflow? Save file to the network. It may sound backwards (defeating the whole SharePoint culture but, You will be surprised how many people are looking for it.

Here is the way I see it will be very popular. Assuming that credentials with which workflow runs allowing access to UNC path, specify path \\Server\ServerShare\ in workflow but then, give ability to auto create sub folder within a share based on one of the fields or variable of the same file\workflow. Even without auto creation it will be very cool. I am more than willing to help you with testing and feed back

Many Thanks

Dmitriy

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Dmitriy,

Thanks, I am glad it is working well for you.  I am sure I can build that workflow action. Is this going to be for 2010 or 2013?

Thanks,

Matt

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Matt
I'm testing 2013 now but certain 2010 will be around for another 2-3 years for sure. I'm don't know what's involved and how big of the difference to program wps for both. If it would be up to me, I would do 2010 first master it build interest and then found a way to make a little bit of money on updated version for 2013. After all 2010 has huge footprint on market compare of 2013.
Will be more than glad to be your sounding board and Guinea pig. Let me know if you would like to discuss it further.
Very respectfully
Dmitriy

Sent from my iPhone
Отправлено с моего iPhone
Envoyé de mon IPHONE

On Jan 8, 2013, at 20:16, "aozen" <notifications@codeplex.com<mailto:notifications@codeplex.com>> wrote:

Dmitriy,

Thanks, I am glad it is working well for you. I am sure I can build that workflow action. Is this going to be for 2010 or 2013?

Thanks,

Matt

Read the full discussion online<http://sharepointstuff.codeplex.com/discussions/390005#post984161>.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed]<mailto:[email removed]?subject=[SharePointStuff:390005]>)

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]<mailto:[email removed]>

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe<https://sharepointstuff.codeplex.com/discussions/390005/unsubscribe/> on CodePlex.com<http://CodePlex.com>.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com<http://CodePlex.com>