problem implementing solution

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I'm not seeing the workflow activity in sharepoint designer. I think I've deployed the solution correct:
I've added the solution with powershell: Add-SPSolution C:\temp\SPD_SendEmailWithAttachmentv2.wsp
Tried to deploy the solution:PS C:\temp> Install-SPSolution -Identity SPD_SendEmailWithAttachmentv2.wsp -WebApplication http://intranet -GACDeployment As a result: Install-SPSolution : This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web appli cation and cannot be deployed to a particular Web application.

After that I enabled the solution in de CMC by implementing it in the farm. After that the solution was automatically activated on the website.

After that I expect an activity to be added in the Sharepoint Designer 2010 to the workflow management.

p.s. I'm using sharepoint 2010 SP1 and sharepoint designer 2010 in DUTCH
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Hi Edejong,

There are 2 things:
  • As far as deploying, the solution is a global farm install, so the command would be "Install-SPSolution -Identity SPD_SendEmailWithAttachmentv2.wsp -GACDeployment" The web application parameter is not required. Once the solution is deployed it adds a feature to each web application that you can activate to deactivate as needed.
I did this so that administrators could have some control over who could use the solution. Since best practice would be to send a link to a document, but we know there are times when that doesn't work.
  • The second problem is the language. I didn't really think about multiple languages when I created this solution, so right now it is only english. However, you can still use it, but you have to manually copy a file on each of your web front ends. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\1033\Workflow" in this folder you will see a file "CustomSPD.ACTIONS". All you have to do is copy this file to your language folder. For dutch the path is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\1043\Workflow"
Once the file is copied you should see the action in SharePoint Designer. And as long as the solution is deployed and the feature for the web application is activated, you should be able to use the solution.

Thanks,
Matt
Mar 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Great. It works!
Thank you very much