See the Workflow action, but it will not add it

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Hi,

Installed the solution and I see it in SP designer 2010, but when I click on it, it will not add in the steps... How can I include it in the workflow?

(I use SP foundation 2010)

Name: spd_sendemailwithattachment.wsp
Type: Core Solution
Contains Web Application Resource: No
Contains Global Assembly: Yes
Contains Code Access Security Policy: No
Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server
Deployment Status: Deployed
Deployed To: Globally deployed.
Last Operation Result: The solution was successfully deployed.
Last Operation Details: srv5 : The solution was successfully deployed.

Last Operation Time: 6/25/2013 4:48 PM
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Make sure you activate the feature for the web application. For each web application you want to be able to use the action, perform the following steps:
  1. Go to central administration
  2. Under Application Management go to Manage Web Applications
  3. Select the web application in the list and click on Manage Features in the ribbon
  4. Find the Feature "Send Email With Attachment Activity" and activate it.
After the feature is activated you should be able to add it to workflows.

Thanks,
Matt
Jun 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Matt

Thank you very very much! It was indeed the case and now it works perfect.
Nov 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Regarding SharePoint 2013 deployment. In addition to activating that feature, you will need to go into the Web.Config and move the entry:

<authorizedType Assembly="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=acc221d0a4a7db74" Namespace="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment" TypeName="*" Authorized="True" />

one level deeper. So instead of it in <authorizedTypes> it needs to be in <authorizedTypes><targetFx>
Jan 15, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Hi Matt,

I'm having the same issue. I've installed it according to instructions and activated it on the web app but am still unable to add the item in designer. Have you seen this problem crop up for any other reason?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-J
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Hi Addexm,

Just to verify are you using SharePoint 2010 or 2013? And you are trying to use the "Send Email With Attachment" activity?
Jan 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Thanks for the reply! We're using 2010, and yes, we're trying to use the "Send Email With Attachment" activity. I can see it listed in the actions menu in designer, but when selected, nothing happens. I've verified that the feature is activated on the web app. I've also tried deactivating and reactivating, reinstalling the wsp, an iisreset, and we have a reboot scheduled for this evening (just for good measure).
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Hi Addexm,

Thanks for the verification. The only time I have ever seen that happen is when the feature has not been activated for the web application. What happens is when you try to add an Action in SharePoint designer is is checking the web.config file of that web application and it is looking to see if that action is an authorized type.

So in your web.config file there should be this entry in the <AuthorizedTypes> section:

<authorizedType Assembly="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=acc221d0a4a7db74" Namespace="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment" TypeName="*" Authorized="True" />

Now there is a web.config file on each of you web front end servers so you would have to check each of them. There could be something preventing the update to the web.config file(s).
Nov 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Hi Folks,

Can't find the <authorizedType Assembly="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment... in the web.config file. Neither the popup shows any content. I am using SharePoint 2013. It's very urgent. Please anyone help me out.

From log file this is what I could see
Application error when access /_layouts/15/EmailDocumentsAsAttachments/EmailDocuments.aspx, Error=The file '/_layouts/15/EmailDocumentsAsAttachments/EmailDocuments.aspx' does not exist. at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualP...

Regards,
Shyam