This solution must be deployed as a farm solution. It will not work as a sandboxed solution.
How to use
- Download the .wsp file from the download section
- Use the normal methods for adding the solution to the solution store (Stsadm or powershell)
- Log into central admin and deploy the solution. This adds a feature that you can activate at the web application level
- Go to Web application management in Central Administration. Select the web application that will use this activity. Click manage features in the ribbon. Activate the Send Email with attachment feature.
- Activating the feature adds a safe assembly line to the web config file.
- Open SharePoint Designer
- Navigate to the list / library you want to add a workflow to
- In the Actions drop down you should see a new section called SharePointStuff Custom Actions
- Select the Send Email With Attachment activity
To send the emails the activity uses the SMTP server setup for the current web application in SharePoint. If outgoing email is not enabled on your farm you will need to enable it or you will get an exception.