SharePoint Designer is not adding the action

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Hello,

I've done everything as required the action is also visible in SPD but I can not add this action Email action to any workflow step. There is nothing happening if I select this action. 

Is there something I'm missing?

I'm on a SharePoint 2010 SP1 and the latest cumulative update may.

I run a 2 tier System DB Server and SharePoint Server.

Regards Alex

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Hi Alex,

Did you activate the activity at the Web Application level?  Go to Central Admin --> Application Management --> Manage web applications --> Select the web application --> Click Manage Features in the ribbon -->  and activate the Send Email With Attachment Activity feature.

When you activate the feature it edits your web.config file for that web application and adds the following line in the authorized types section:

<authorizedType Assembly="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=acc221d0a4a7db74" Namespace="SPD_SendEmailWithAttachment" TypeName="*" Authorized="True" />

If this line is not in the web.config file you get the behavior you are seeing, where you can see the activity in SharePoint Designer, but it doesn't do anything when you select it.

This solution is deployed globaly, but it does have to be activated for each web application you want to use it in.  However, even if it is not activated it will still show up. It just wont do anything.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hello,

Thank you Matt, this is fixing the problem the feature was not activated.

I deployed the Send Email With Attachment - version 2 without Issue Tracking on another Server and it was working fine directly.
I checked it now as well and it was already activated.

Cheers Alex