Any Plans for 2013?

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Any plans to make the email attachment workflow activity work with 2013?  Has anyone tried it?

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I do have plans to make each of my solutions available on SP 2013, but they are not currently ready. Below is the plans for each solution:

1. Send Email With Attachment Ribbon Button - I am working on making this solution available via the office apps store.
  2. Send Email With Attachment Workflow Activity - This solution is only going to be available to on premise installs of SharePoint 2013. You cannot currently make workflow actions available with the new SharePoint app model. Also, on the next release of this solution I have added support for working with SharePoint groups. In the past the Sharepoint group had to have an email address associated with it for this to work. In the new version if there is no email address I will just get the members of the group and email them directly.

My goal is to have these ready by the end of this month. The Send Email With Attachment Workflow Activity should work with SharePoint 2013, but I have not fully tested it.

Matt Jensen

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I need this to work badly. I have been banging my head on this for several days, and it looks like Microsoft made it a million times harder to develop your own custom workflow activities by making them declarative only. Now we have to write the XAML manually that references compiled libraries for these functions.

Please provide what you have "working" and I will test it out in our environment.
Jun 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Hi guys

I also need this quite urgently, also willing to provide feedback in our environment.
Jun 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
We gave up on SharePoint 2013 providing this functionality. However, I wrote a C# Web service to accept POST requests from a SharePoint 2013 workflow that contains a dictionary object of all the fields in the list item. In SharePoint designer you can design a workflow action to send a HTTP POST request to the web service. The web service listens for the post and sends the email with the information contained in the dictionary. Not ideal, but functional.
Jul 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Hi Folks...

Any news about SharePoint 2013 !?

Jimcesse !!!