Workflow will not validate with any To email address.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I've added this activity to a workflow I've created and I can't seem to get the workflow to validate so that I can publish it.

It doesn't matter if I have a group, person, AD user, or exact email address listed in the To field, it will not validate at that stage.

If I make a normal send email action with the same to information the workflow validates.

If I look at the advanced properties for the action it lists both the TO and CC parameters as "No builder specified." even though data was entered.

I also cannot edit the TO and CC parameters from the Advanced Properties dialogue, but I can edit any other parameter.
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
<div>I haven't seen this before, does the to field turn red when you try to publish? Is there an error message?<br> <br> Sent from my iPhone</div> <div><br> On Feb 8, 2013, at 11:16 AM, &quot;JL421&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:notifications@codeplex.com">notifications@codeplex.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> <br> </div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div> <p>From: JL421</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">I've added this activity to a workflow I've created and I can't seem to get the workflow to validate so that I can publish it. <br> <br> It doesn't matter if I have a group, person, AD user, or exact email address listed in the To field, it will not validate at that stage. <br> <br> If I make a normal send email action with the same to information the workflow validates.<br> </div> </div> </blockquote>
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Yes the field turns red when I try to publish.

I also added new info in the OP.
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I have went to the first version and the workflow validates...
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM
<div>Which version were you using first? The issue tracking list version?<br> <br> Sent from my iPhone</div> <div><br> On Feb 8, 2013, at 12:05 PM, &quot;JL421&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:notifications@codeplex.com">notifications@codeplex.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> <br> </div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div> <p>From: JL421</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">I have went to the first version and the workflow validates...<br> </div> </div> </blockquote>
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I was originally using the Send Email with Attachment - Version 2

I changed to the Send Email with Attachment
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Wow replying from my Iphone makes a horrible message.

Not sure why you were running into the problem. I just tested version 2 on my test farm and it worked correctly. If the original version will work for you great, just remember that it will not work on folders or document sets.

Matt
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I'll keep it on version 1 for the moment. I have a feeling that it might have just been a bad deployment.

If I have a need for more I'll try version 2 again.

Thanks for the help!