Great Workflow Activity - Any chance of a Sandboxed version

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Hi, Thanks for your great work. Would like to be able to use this as a sandboxed solution in SharePoint 2010. Any chance of that coming up?
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your interest and compliment! I originally was going to create this as a Sandboxed solution, but ran into a couple of issues with the limitation on the code. The one I didn't like was this:

In my code I need to access the Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration namespace to get a reference to the site.WebApplication.OutboundMailServiceInstance.Server.Address

This way the SMTP server address does not have to be entered in the workflow. Now I could change this, where you typed it in a field on the workflow, that way I didn't have to call this and it would work. That being said there was one other weird thing that I ran into and that is with the workflow parameters. For example you can specify a Cc address in this workflow, but you do not have to. In the sandboxed version I kept getting an object null error. I couldn't make the parameter optional.

So in the end I made it as a farm solution.
Jan 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Interesting. Thanks for your quick reply. Is the code available so I can take a stab at modifying back to sandbox version? I have a restriction of no GAC deployment code in the web app I am working in. When I click on it on the Source Code tab nothing happens. Thanks much!
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Send me an email at matt.j28@hotmail.com and I will send you the code I have for the sandboxed version.
Mar 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Hi,

If you need solution which can be deployed as sandbox and works with SharePoint Online, take a look at Workflow Actions Pack from Plumsail.

Here is list of workflow actions.